Bulletproof coffee has been hyped up in the past few years in the fitness and diet world. From a coffee perspective, I have to say, the hype makes sense.
The coffee tastes wonderfully smooth, strong, and buttery. Additionally, the coffee has a bunch of benefits. The only thing you need to do is add butter and MCT oil to your black coffee!
As an enthusiast of coffee/fitness and a lover of butter (haha!), I’ve reluctantly made and enjoyed bulletproof coffee many times. The coffee is definitely a boosted version of your normal coffee.
In this post, I’m going to share with you the recipe for bulletproof coffee as well as some add-ons you can use if you want more flavor. Additionally, you’ll learn the benefits that the coffee provides.
Bulletproof Coffee – Basic Recipe:
- Coffee – Your favorite cup of black coffee.
- High Quality Fat:
- Grass-fed butter
- Grass-fed ghee
- Coconut oil
- Coconut butter
- Cocoa butter
- Almond or cashew butter
- MCT (medium-chain triglyceride) Oil:
- Boosts ketone production for keto dieting.
- Suppresses hunger.
- Provides quick lean energy.
- Assists in losing unwanted fat.
- Supports immune health.
- Increases focus.
Bulletproof Coffee – Optional Add-ons:
- Cacao powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Extract
- Peppermint Extract
- Pink Salt
- Blender – Best way to achieve creamy consistency.
- Milk Frother – Easier to clean but not as creamy.
- Do not use decaf coffee. The caffeine, fat, and MCT oil’s benefits work together to make bulletproof coffee work.
- Use a hand mixer or whisk if you don’t have a blender. Do not use a spoon as it won’t mix properly.
- If you don’t have MCT oil, use coconut oil but you won’t get the benefits from MCT oil.
- Ratio: 1 tablespoon of fat to 8-12 ounces of coffee.
- Brew 1 cup (8-12 ounces) of black coffee.
- Add coffee, 1 tablespoon of MCT oil, and 1 tablespoons of butter into a blender.
- Blend 20-30 seconds until you see a creamy consistency. Enjoy!
- Place in any container and refrigerate. The bulletproof coffee can be stored for up to 2 weeks. Just make sure to mix before serving!
As discussed, the recipe for bulletproof coffee is extremely simple. Just black coffee and butter. MCT oil is really optional.
With the small additions of butter and MCT oil, you boost your normal cup of coffee ten-fold of benefits.
If you want your coffee to give a little more, this is perfect. You’ll notice more flavor and more importantly, feel better.
To see what other coffee-making methods are out there, check out our guide on the different coffee-brewing methods.